Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The Lord Is Our Light

Psalm 27:1 The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?

Often we are reminded of light’s importance when the electricity fails during the night and we are forced to stumble around in the dark. Once we find a flashlight, however, we maneuver through the house with greater confidence and certainty than before. In a similar way, God is our light, illuminating our way and alerting us to potential danger around us. His light reveals our sin as well, so that we may confess it and find forgiveness. As the Lord’s brilliant presence floods our soul, it dispels the darkness of our doubt and despair, and we receive confidence in our Lord and Savior. May we praise God that He is our light and our salvation.